Compare Cheap Car Hire Now!
Compare Leading Companies
Car Rental Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for car rental vary from supplier to supplier and from country to country. In all cases the terms and conditions of rental are printed on the reverse of the hire agreement you will sign when you arrive at the rental desk. Please ensure that you read these terms carefully as they will form the legal basis of a contract between yourself and the car rental company used.
Our General Car Rental Terms and Conditions
- Promotional rates are non-discountable and are not applicable to any other promotion or previous renter discount.
- The voucher is only valid for the named driver at the location of pick up as printed on this voucher and for the dates and times detailed. No refunds will be made for unused days. At the sole discretion of the management of Sunwheels cancellation fees may be waived in extraordinary circumstances.
- This prepaid voucher is only valid for the charges listed under ‘prepaid rate includes:’ all other charges incurred, for whatever reason, must be paid locally to the rental office.
- Sunwheels will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, injury or delay resulting in failure to honour any Reservation. A non-waivable deductible will apply in some countries if theft attempted theft; collision or vandalism damages the vehicle. A Credit card imprint will be required to cover this Value.
- The minimum age of rental is generally 25 years of age but may vary in certain countries, as will maximum age limits. Drivers must have held a full valid driver’s license for a minimum of one year before the rental commences. All drivers must present their original driving license at the pick-up location at the start of rental. No photocopies or fax copies will be accepted and no refund will be issued due to the failure to present a valid original driving license. Some countries that require an English translation may also require an international driver’s license.
- All rentals are subject to standard terms and conditions of the rental agreement as signed at the time of vehicle pick up. Once the rental agreement is signed the contract is then with the car rental supplier in the country of collection. Only the vehicle group can be confirmed and not make or model of vehicle. Specific vehicle types cannot be confirmed and will be subject to availability at the time of pick up. When a vehicle group is not available the next group of vehicle will be provided.
- Rentals are calculated on a 24-hour period from the time of pick-up. To avoid additional charges the renter must return the vehicle at the same time as the pick up time on the agreed return date stated on this voucher. Failure to return the vehicle on the agreed return date will result in additional charges. Additional charges will be charged at the local rate (normally higher) than the prepaid rates and must be paid locally. Extensions to the rental period must be done with a member of our reservations team, either by email or telephone.
- Vehicles rented with a tank of fuel must be returned with the same fuel to avoid refueling charges. When accepting to pre-purchase a tank of fuel renters must return the vehicle empty as no refund will be issued for pre-purchased tanks of fuel.
- Most rental locations offer a selection of items to rent on arrival at the pick up location, such as baby-seats, roof racks etc. These items must be requested at the time of reservation and payment made on arrival. From time to time, selected locations will offer these items free of charge, in this instance they will only be provided where possible and are not guaranteed on arrival.